LOCAL RECIPE SECTION
Please do share your recipes with us
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Jennifer Piava (Entered by Michael Wilmshurst)
This recipe uses a Cayuga duck, which is a heritage duck. Preparation is easy, cooking time is longer at a lower temperature, which ensures a succulent, tender, flavorful meat. Pared with roast potatoes and peas or your favorite veggies. A meal to remember. (I do!!!)
Serves: 2 Ample Servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Thaw the Duck in the refrigerator, if frozen, bring to room temperature just prior to cooking. Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C)
- Remove Liver etc from the body cavity and reserve for gravy.
- Peel the apple and Onion, and quarter. Then place the quarters inside the duck.
- Cover the breast with the bacon.
- Tightly wrap the duck with aluminum foil place on a baking sheet and roast for 3 1/2 hours.
Comments added by fellow market members.
A great tasting entree, just right for a special meal for two. Costing less than a meal for two at a fast food joint, healthier for you and supporting local growers. Is that a WIN, WIN, WIN Great meal. Thank you Jennifer