LOCAL RECIPE SECTION
Please do share your recipes with us
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Fresh Mint Jelly
Source: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1923,147176-248194,00.html (Entered by Patricia Kirkham)
This is another great use for fresh mint of any variety. Have fun and get creative with this one, try using Apple Mint, Pineapple Mint, or Orange Mint instead of the traditional Spearmint or Peppermint.
To double the recipe, use 1 full bottle of Certo.
Serves: Number of jars of jelly made determined by size of jars used.
Step by Step Instructions
- To mint leaves, add boiling water and lemon juice.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to boiling point and strain.
- Add Certo and green color to turn mixture to desired delicate green color.
- Bring to the boiling point and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in jelly glasses.
Comments added by fellow market members.