LOCAL RECIPE SECTION
Please do share your recipes with us
email to: email@example.com
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Ginger Mint Ginger Ale
Source: Terri Pischoff Wuerthner, http://www.herbcompanion.com/cooking/ginger-mint-ginger-ale.aspx#ixzz20tZud7W1 (Entered by Patricia Kirkham)
Keep this flavorful concentrate and some club soda on hand in the refrigerator for making fresh-tasting sparkling beverages.
Serves: Makes 32 twelve-ounce glasses (1 gallon concentrate)
Step by Step Instructions
- 1. Bring the water to a boil in a large nonreactive pot.
- 2. Add the ginger.
- 3. When the water returns to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 4. Add the chopped mint leaves, sugar, and honey.
- 5. Turn down the heat as low as possible, stir to dissolve the sugar, and heat gently for 15 minutes.
- 6. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture stand, covered, for several hours or overnight.
- 7. Strain and stir in the lemon juice. Cover the concentrate and store it in the refrigerator.
- To serve, combine ½ cup concentrate and 1 cup soda in a large glass. Add ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.